Sunday, October 11, 2015

Taek Min Kim / Chapter 3 First Draft / Narrative & Composition Tuesday 3,4

My Friend Jung Hoon

 

His name is Jung Hoon Lee. I knew him since we met in elementry school in the year 2004. I consider him as one of my best friend. He's a pleasant guy who likes people. He makes me and my friends laugh, he has the tact to make us happy. He has a wide acquaintance, he knew almost everyone in school when we were in the middle school and knew lots of friends who were going to an another middle schools.

He likes clothes too. When he were young (even though our teachers told us not to) he tightened the school uniform to make it look better. He is now studying fashion in Japan. He tends to dress up uniquely, he tries to show his personality through his own fashion. Sometimes when he dresses way too far, I make fun of his look. Then he points out that I dress too plain in his view.

He liked to play games and also was competitive when playing games. We used to play games everyday after school. Back then Star Craft by Blizzard had tremendous popularity. He excelled it, I was good but now much as him. So sometimes when I beat him in the game, he was upset until he could beat me again. One day I was lucky too beat him a lot more than usual. I thought it was a lucky day but he wanted to play more because he wanted to win more than I did, so I almost had to beg him to go home.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Yae Lim LEE
    1. Your friend is very great personality and also has a sense of fashion.
    2. (1) He has many friends and has a good personality
    (2) He usaully show his personality through his clothes
    (3) He liked to play games and act very competitively when he did it.
    3. I think you used most methods except describing his appearance concisely.
    4. I didn't find anything.
    5. I think he had many memories with his friend and his friends might make a strong impression to him.
    6. i would like to know some examples of his clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Your friend sounds like a very funny guy and he hates losing.

    2. - "He makes me and my friends laugh, he has the tact to make us happy."
    - "He liked to play games and also was competitive when playing games."
    - "So sometimes when I beat him in the game, he was upset until he could beat me again."

    3. - What the person looks like: You did not include this in your writing, so I think you should give details about his appearance in your next draft.
    - What the person says: Try including direct quotes!
    - What the person does: "He tends to dress up uniquely, he tries to show his personality through his own fashion."
    - What other people say about the person: There are details about what kind of person he is, but you did not really mention other people's thoughts on him. Maybe you can include this next time in your writing.

    4. The part where you mentioned him tightening the school uniform, I think you can be more specific. Try to explain why the guys think tight uniforms look nicer and why the teachers did not like it.

    5. I think you wrote about your friend Jung Hoon because he is someone very close to you, someone you have known for a long time, so you have a lot to share in your writing. You know a lot about him.

    6. - How does Jung Hoon look like?
    - How does he really dress? Which designs, patterns and colors are his clothing?

    ReplyDelete