Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Shim Ho Seob/Week 2 assignment/Tuesday 11am

Writing has been an essential element of my life. Ever since I entered elementary school, I started to write in diary which was something every child in Korea has to do. It was quite pleasant experience because I enjoyed writing. I was quite good at writing in Korean. When was an 11 years old, one of my book report about Jane Eyre was selected as the best one in a book report competition and posted on the school's newspaper. That was a priceless experience I had with writing when I was a kid. Prizes and compliments made me enjoying writing.

I feel much confident and self-assured of writing in Korean compared to writing in English. It's a natural thing for not only me but for everyone else. I specially have difficulty of following English grammar. And because I feel fear of hearing bad assessment about my English writing, I prefer grammatically safe sentence to creative one.

I firstly try to please myself even if I write a paper for a class. I believe people can't write a good paper when they are trying to please someone's taste. I am the person who knows about myself the best. Writing will be processed well if I write something I like and that would be also thought as a good writing to other people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment