Thursday, October 15, 2015

Nayeon Kim / Final Draft / Narrative Composition / Tuesday 11am

I saw her on the school corridor. On the long corridor, waves of girls wearing same clothes were going out for lunch. She was very noticeable being tall and plump. Her face was so round that it looked like a full moon. She was wearing a chocolate-colored North Face padded jumper, which is another reason why she stood out from the crowd wearing same uniforms. I spotted her a few times after then, but there were so many other important things going on with my life that I forgot about her before I met her again.

I am not usually that punctual enough to come to class ten minutes before it begins even though my mother always push me to be. That day was special. The first day of the new school year, when everyone decide to be someone who they are not. I never expected someone in the classroom, for it was seven in the morning. When I opened the door, I saw her standing at the center of the room. I could examine her face for the first time. She had long, drooping eyes like that of mashimaro, a white rabbit character with eyes pointing downwards. Her cheeks were flushed, as if tinted. She was wearing that same padded jacket. Her yellowish pale skin reflected the light, contrasting the darkness of the outside. She looked at me and said, "Hi, I am Hanbyul."

After that day, we became friends. We were in the same clique like the one that every high school girls have. The friend group we were in was surprisingly, was the studious type. All of the other girls except me and Hanbyul studied diligently. Apart from the fact that she usually came to school very early, she was not the one who could put her hip on the chair for a long time. We used to hang out on the corridor because everyone in the classroom were studying. Even though we were the trouble makers to the eyes of my senior year homeroom teacher, we were lucky enough to get into same school, HUFS, although it was unintentional.

She is more noticeable now, with her hair dyed into orange blonde. It is not that the color looks strange on her. It suits her as if it were her own, and with her pale face, she emit the air of warmth around her whenever I see her. She always smiles mischievously and puts her arms wide and throws them around me. It already feels like home even when she is five feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment