Sunday, October 18, 2015

SeongYeon Cho / Chapter3 final draft / Tuesday 3,4

My dad


Just like countless other middle-aged-people, my dad always wore so called outdoor-sports-wear. He is tall and has a strong build. And he has grey hair. He looks exactly like me. No I resembles him. His skin tone is very dark because he doesn't like sunscreen.


My dad is a really masculine man. In fact, I always felt that he is kind of like Wolverine from the movie X-men. Except for the iron nails, of course. My dad is capable of anything. Physically strong and mentally smart just like the Wolverine. So he is sort of hero to me.


He taught me a lot of things. And one of them is cooking. My daddy was a cook. Really great one. He is knowledgeable of Korean dishes. So ever since I was really young, my dad has tried to teach me how to cook. He's favorite food is Korean dumpling soup. So often times, we sit down, face to face, make dumplings. My dad knows how to spend his time with me. He gave his best to teach me cook well. And karma for that, I can cook somehow.


In fact, when we went on a trip with my daddy's friends' family, he always made meals instead of moms. And it was great. One of my dad's friends said "Ever since we were young, your dad has been our official chef. You should be very proud of him, dear". Hearing him saying like that, I felt amazing.


He is also an adventurous man. Unlike is his delicate cook part, he has a wild traveller part. When I was about 10 years old, I went to trip every once in a month. Most of the trips, we went to Gangwon-do to see the seaside. Also we went to Jeju island, Ulleung island and so on. He really likes to go to country parts, especially mountain. Even now, every weekend, he goes to climb the mountains. Sometimes, he digs up the mushrooms and brings those to home. And he makes delicious cuisines out of those mushrooms like mushroom chicken soup.


Whenever I think of this man, I always got emotional. It's not only because I feel blessed to have him as my dad but also because I know how hard it was to raise me. He is thoughtful father, sometimes very strict. He is, in deed, a really good model of an awesome dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment