Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ji Eun Bok/Task 3.2/Tuesday 11am

           I spotted her sitting right there in the restaurant as I looked around. She was wearing a pastel-colored Adidas jersey with pink and light blue patterns which really stood out, and her hair was dyed blonde, which was another characteristic that made her stand out. She wasn't very tall, but she was definitely slim. It looked like she was coming from the gym or had been playing some kind of sport before coming to have dinner with a friend. On the chair next to her own, she had left a big red-colored bag which had gym clothes sticking out from it. She was wearing a pair of black leggings with orange stripes and running shoes which also seemed fit for the gym. I was thinking that she may be someone who works out at the gym regularly, or even a yoga instructor. She looked very healthy and lively.

           She seemed rather unfriendly at first; her very short hair, thick eyeliners and red lipstick on the lips intimidated me a little. However, as you can never judge someone by his or her appearance, she turned out to be a very nice person as I continued observing her. She was talking to a waitress at the restaurant, and she constantly had a pleasant and warming smile on her face. She also went to get extra lettuce and sesame leaves every time they ran out, volunteering each time and having her friend stay in her seat. She was also managing the fire on the stove throughout their whole dinner time.

           She looked like she was in her thirties, but she wasn't very different from what my friends or I do normally. When the food came out, she suddenly took out her big black phone and took a photograph of the dish. Then she began eating, chatting with her friend from time to time. And I noticed that while she ate, she would always take off the end part of the sesame leaves, which is what I do every time as well. Even though she was a complete stranger I did not even know the name of, I suddenly felt close to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment