Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Shim Ho Seob/Week 3/Tuesday 11am

It was a day I took my second Sooneung(Korean SAT). I failed at the first time of Sooneung and I spent my golden age of 20(American age 19) in a private academy. The nervousness I felt at the second time can't compare with the first time I took Sooneung.

My mom went with me to the school which was ready to welcome my second try. It was a pretty chilly day then. I acted like I was confident and tried not to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere that day gave me. I entered to a designated classroom. Fortunately, there were many of my academy mates in the room, which gave me a comfortable feeling before taking the test. However, when the bell rang which signals the start of the subject Korean(which was the biggest barrier for me to go University) test, I got freeze. The bell sounds like the sound when bar-gate of prison opens. For the first 5 minutes of the test, I couldn't do anything. I felt like the blood stop flooding to my brain. The subject Korean is a subject which requires intense concentration and fast question solving and since I knew that, it really drived me crazy. But after the 5 minutes, I got back to myself and started solving the questions on the sheets. I managed to solve the last question in time and submitted the fully-answered sheet in the last minute.

After the storm passed, math exam came. I was quite confident that I could at least get first grade in the math exam. And at that time, everyone expected that the math exam's level would be easy. After I received the exam paper, I started to solve the questions quickly. But at the question 14 or 15, my fast race got braked. I met an unexpected barrier at the middle of the math exam(Usually, difficult level of questions begin to appear after question 25). My mental collapsed down then. After passing the question, I felt I totally forgot how to solve all the questions after that. During solving the rest questions, my half brain was thinking about a rural located university I would probably go after the Sooneung.

I took the remained tests taking my mind off and went back to home. But what made me more shocked was that my grade was quite good after grading all the test I took. So I applied for HUFS and I am sophomore of HUFS English department now. I really can't forget the feeling I felt during my second Sooneung. I think it would be a good foundation for me to deal with really crucial events in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment