Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Shim Ho Seob/Final draft/Tuesday 11am

It was a day I took my second Sooneung(Korean SAT). I failed at the first time of Sooneung and spent my golden age of 20 in a private academy. I can't even imagine doing this thing one more year. So the nervousness I had felt at the second time couldn't compare with the first time I took Sooneung.

My mom went with me to a school which was ready to welcome my second try. It was a pretty chilly day then. I acted like I was confident and tried not to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere that day gave me. I entered into a designated classroom. Fortunately, there were many of my academy mates in the room, which gave me a comfortable feeling before taking the test. However, when the bell rang which signals the start of the subject Korean(which was the biggest barrier for me to go University) test, I got freeze. The bell sounded like the sound when bar-gate of prison opens. For the first 5 minutes of the test, I couldn't think of anything and can't concentrate. I felt like my blood stop flooding to my brain. The subject Korean is a subject that requires intense concentration and fast question solving and since I knew the fact, it really drived me crazy. Fortunately after 5 minutes, I got back to normal condition and started solving the questions on the sheets. I managed to solve the last question in time and submitted the fully-answered sheet in the last minute.

After the storm passed, math exam came. I was quite confident that I could at least get first grade(which indicates Top 4%) in the math exam. And at that time, every students expected that the math exam's level would be easy that year. After 15 minutes, I felt that expectation severely broke. At the question 14 or 15, my fast race got braked. I met an unexpected barrier at the middle of the math exam(Usually, difficult level of questions begin to appear after question 25 at math exam). My mental collapsed down that moment. While passing the unsolved questions, I felt like I totally forgot how to solve all the questions after that. During solving the rest of the questions, my half brain was thinking about a rural located university I would probably go after the Sooneung.

I took the remained tests taking my mind off and went back to home. But what made me more shocked was that my grade was quite good after grading all the tests I took. So I applied for HUFS and I am now a sophomore of HUFS English department. I think I will never forget the feeling I felt during my second Sooneung. It was a scary experience but positively thinking, I think it would be a good foundation for me to deal with really nervous events in the future.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm Lee, Eun Young.
    1. Tall and normal guy but has power to attract people.
    2. a. Kyung Song is a pretty tall guy about 180cm.
    b. But he can't be called a good looking guy
    c. Not only to girls, but he is also quite popular in guys.
    3.
    What the person looks like: His face shape is like an egg, narrow and oval.
    What the person does: He is majoring business administration and studying for C.P.A(Certified Public Account).
    4. No, everything was clear.
    5. Because the one who is described in this essay is the writer's best friend.
    6. Why do you think his appearance isn't so good?

    ReplyDelete