Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ari Min / Chapter 3 Final Draft / Tuesday 11am

My Friend Seung Woo


Everyone has that one special friend in their lives. My one special friend's name is Seung Woo Han. He was born 8 months after me. I don't remember exactly when we became friends because we knew each other since babies. My parents were good friends of Seung Woo's parents. Now, we name ourselves as "diaper friends." Most of the people who look at us for the first time think we date, but most of all my other friends know that we are JUST friends. My friend is not that tall or that small, but average, has dark skin, quite big ears, and is in the middle of chubby and fit.  

Since Guatemala, we both lived in the same neighborhood, went to the same preschool, went to the same school, and walked together in the aisle when we graduated. In primary we were always together like a magnet. After school, we ride the yellow school bus and as soon as we arrived to our house we played until the sky began to become darker. He has a really big ego I've ever met. Since a child he didn't liked to lose or be after someone. Even now, when I have an argument with him I always say, "Okay, okay you're right," because it is impossible to win him in a dispute. He was a really active student not interested in school work. He was in the soccer and scout club. His grades were poor and was something that really worried his mother. However, beginning 9th grade he began to study more and improved a lot.

He is the brother I could never have or like the saying 'my brother from another mother'. He is an encouraging person. Whenever I am depressed or have a big worry, instead of giving me only advices and support he jokes and makes me smile. Also, he tells me I'm wrong when I am and is always honest with me. When we first came to Korea, he was a friend I could count on. Since we were young he used to tell my parents, "I will be Ari's bodyguard!" Now, when I talk about it he tells me to not mention it again, but I believe he will be always there when I need him. Even though we fight every time we meet each other, we get along after few minutes.

He is always positive. During summer on 2013, he had a really hard time because he was not being accepted to the universities he applied to. However, he believed he will be accepted to the last university and had faith in it. Maybe it was for being positive, but he really was accepted to the last he applied to and the university he really wanted to go.

I remember him being a small kid who had cried for not wanting to go to the military when getting older. However, he volunteered for military service and entered in the beginning of October which means that time flies and that our friendship will not change easily. Other people may only know him as being a funny person, but deep inside he is a great friend with a big heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment