Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hyewon Chang / Ch 3 Final draft / Narrative Composition/ Tuesday 11a.m.

First Impression

201302991 EIT Chang Hye won

 

           My mother used to say that people are made up by their looks when they are young, but when we grow up, we make up our looks. When I heard this, I thought about my friend Christina who fully live up to her own personality from her birth and made up her life and figure out of her characteristics. It is hard to find out which one was the first to make her life out, her looks or her characteristics. It is like the chicken and the egg question. However, Christina was one of the people whom others can feel her life throughout her looks from the early age. I still remembers my first meeting with her.

           After I finally entered into the university, I decided that I desperately need some place for rest. Certainly, it was not my mother nor father, and I didn't want to give burden to my dear friends. Who I decided was the God. Sorry for him, but I thought that he would not mind having a bit more burden. Anyway, I thought that I just need some faith in myself.  So, I went to the Catholic Church. That was the place where I met one of my best friends. At first, Christina was not very impressive. To be exact, being the early bird in the weekend make me drowsy and I was half asleep at the morning sessions. Maybe that is why I could not able to recognize her out. However, I still had glimpse of her being tall and white. I first get to know her when I was baptized. My grandmother had me and the other girl named Celerina as the goddaughter. Christina was a high school classmate and friends with Celerina so eventually, she joined our dinner. Therefore, after the baptismal ceremony, all four of us, including godmother, her goddaughters, me and a girl and her friend had dinner together.

           Dinner was the chance when I was able to actually look at her. In the warm beige colored background and dark brown colored wood, she looked like a person who is lost in the warm world. She reminded me of the snow. The biggest reason why I thought this way is because of her skin colored. Of course she was fully Korean but her skin color made her look bit different from other people. With a pale white colored skin, she surely looked like a snow queen. Usually, most of the Koreans have bit yellowish colored skin. Therefore, when people say someone have a really white skin, it means that they have ivory white skin. However, she had bluish, half-transparent like white skin. It looked very frail like a thin film of ice. Although, her overall looks were not as frail. She was not the type of damsel in distress, rather she was the beautiful evil queen.

Even though she had light colored skin, her figures didn't look so frail. Most impressive part in her face was her eyes with single eyelid but bigger than the people's eye with double eyelid. Because her eyes were heading upward, she looked bit foxy. Maybe I get this impression because she also had heavy eyelashes. It looked as if the butterfly seat on her eye and flipping its wings when she blinks. I bet her bit long nose made her overall impression bit more mature and stubborn. In most of the cases, she never put makeup on, but she is a fan of lip balms. Therefore, her lip always \caught my attention. Especially it is glossy right after she put her lip gloss on. It was the part where she get some lively feeling for herself.

 

When I said Christina later about her first impression as the snow queen, she was not surprised at all. She said that her ex-boyfriend once told her that being a girl 174 centimeters tall, it is much more likely as a queen than as a princess. While saying that, she stretched her willowy long arms and legs sitting on the chair. I thought little low and bit husky voice completes her look. She does not whine, she just asks for her right and say it straightforward. Celerina once said that Christina does not know how to say things backhanded. However, I think it perfectly suits her look and her personality. From her looks and words, I can see her life as a stubborn and firm snow queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment