Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ari Min / Exercise 3.2 / Tuesday 11am

Everyone has that one special friend in their lives. My one special friend's name is Seung Woo Han. He was born 8 months after me. I don't remember exactly when we became friends because we knew each other since babies. My parents were good friends of Seung Woo's parents. Now, we name ourselves as "diaper friends." Most people who look at us for the first time think we date, but most of all my other friends know that we are JUST friends. My friend is not that tall or that small, but average, has dark skin, quite big ears, and is in the middle of chubby and fit.  

We both lived in the same neighborhood, went to the same preschool, went to the same school, and walked together in the aisle when we graduated. In primary we were always together like a magnet. After school, we ride the yellow bus (number 2) and as we arrived to our house we played until it was 6pm. He has a really big ego I've ever met. Since a child he didn't liked to lose and be after someone. Even now, when I have an argument with him I always say, "Okay, okay you're right," because it is impossible to win him in a dispute. He was a really active student. He was in the soccer and scout club. His grades were poor and was something that really worried his mother. However, since 9th grade he began to study more and improved a lot.

He is the brother I could never have or like the saying 'my brother from another mother'. Whenever I am depressed or have a big worry, instead of giving me only advices and support he jokes and makes me smile. Also, he tells me I'm wrong when I am and is always honest with me. When we first came to Korea, he was a friend I could count on. Since we were young he used to tell my parents, "I will be Ari's bodyguard!" Now, when I talk about it he tells me to not mention it again, but I believe he will be always there when I need him. Even though we fight every time we meet each other, we get along after few minutes.

He is always positive. During summer on 2013, he had a really hard time because he was not being accepted to the universities he applied to. However, he believed he will be accepted to the last university and had faith in it. Maybe it was for being positive, but he really was accepted to the last he applied to and the university he really wanted to go.

I remember him being a small kid who had cried for not wanting to go to the military when getting older. However, it has been 5 days since he volunteered for military service which means that time flies and that our friendship will not change easily. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. Seung Woo Han is a positive and strong-willed person who became a brother to author. He supports and helps her whenever she has troubles.

    2. He doesn't like to lose and be after someone.
    Like the saying 'my brother from another mother'
    Instead of giving me only advices and support he jokes and makes me smile.

    3. What the person looks like:
    A man of average heigh, a little bit moon-faced.

    What the person says:
    "I will be Ari's bodyguard!"

    What the person does:
    Improved in studying a lot.
    Stays positive no matter how is terrible the situation.

    What other people say about the person: (nothing is written)


    4. The context is understandable, but sometimes you can feel a strong Korean style writing that just was translated in english.

    5. Because Seung Woo Han is the closest friend that the author has.

    6. A little bit more details about how the person is look like, how he act in everyday life wouldn't be unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete