Monday, October 19, 2015

Jang Won woo/Final draft of chapter 3/Narrative composition Tue34

Unlike most of my friends, I have lived with my grandparents since I was eleven years old. My grandmother has taken care of me and my sister. She got a perm like most of Korean elderly women. She is short now, but she was not. She was taller than average people at that time, but she became smaller when she was getting older. She has many bruises on her hands since she has a disease concerning with her platelet. Also, she puts in dentures for eating. She cannot chew and eat as other people. But, my grandmother does not consider her illness. Rather, she is living an active life now.

When I woke up, she always prepared a breakfast; even she prepared the breakfast and went out to swimming pool. She is working out herself constantly. She went to the swimming pool at least four days per a week and also went to the gym. Of course, it is good for her health but I am really worried about her dynamics. When I went to the gym with her, I was shocked. She was lifting very heavy weight in machines. I was worried so much that I told her to stop lifting. "Oh, grandmother, stop lifting it! You could hurt yourself." But she said, "It is my working out. Don`t worry" However, I cannot stop worrying her. Sometimes she hurt herself when she was doing exercise or hiking. One day, she tumbled at the uphill road when she was hiking. As I heard she went to the hospital, I was very nervous. However, she welcomed me with smile.

My grandmother is a food provider for me. She always gave me some food. Even she did it soon after I ate dinner. "Do you want some fruits?" She always said to me like that and gave me some fruits. Even she gave me fruits which I cannot eat since my allergy. An apple is one of the allergic foods for me, but she gave me apples for me. I had said it since when I was young, so she does not give me an apple nowadays. "Mom, stop giving him foods, he is full now. He is okay." My father and aunt always told my grandmother that when I came home.

 

           Also, she is a worrier. When I admit to the university in Seoul, she was really worried about me living in Seoul. "Seoul citizens are cunning, please be cautious them." I just said "Don`t worry." When I went to the army, my grandmother could not say me something. I concerned her worry when I separated from her. After graduating a boot camp, I fortunately visited my home and saw my grandmother once a month. Every time I visited my home, she always asked my news. But, I want to her worry herself. She has lived life of dedicating to not herself but her children and grandchildren. She said "I bought something for my grandson." I know she loved her family. But, I wish her find her own life from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment