Sunday, October 11, 2015

SeongYeon Cho/ first draft / Tuesday 34

 

Just like many other middle-aged-people, My dad always wore so called outdoor-sports-wear. He is tall and has a strong build. And he has grey hair. He looks like me. No I resembles him. His skin tone is very dark because he doesn't like sunscreen.

My dad is a really masculine man. In fact, I always thought that he is kind of like Wolverine from the movie X-men. Except for the iron nails, of course. My dad is capable of anything. Physically strong and mentally smart just like the Wolverine. So he is sort of super hero to me.

He taught me a lot of things. And one of them is cooking. My daddy was a cook. Really great one. So ever since I was really young, my dad have tried to teach me how to cook. He's favorite food is dumpling soup. So often times, we sit down, face to face, make dumplings. My dad knows how to spend his time with me. He gave his best to teach me cook well. And karma for that, I can cook somehow.

 He is also a adventurous man. Unlike is his delicate cook part, he has a wild traveller part. When I was about 10 years old, I went to trip every once in a month. He loves to go country parts, especially mountain. Even now, every week end, he goes to climb the mountains. Sometimes, he digs up the mushrooms and brings those to home. And makes delicious cuisines like mushroom chickin soup.  

Whenever I think of this man, I always got emothional. It's not only because I feel blessed to have him as my dad and also because I know how hard it was to raise me. He is thoghtful father, sometimes very strict. He is in deed, a really good model of awesome dad. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Nayeon.
    1. I think your father has both masculine and feminine spirit in him, which makes him a very good dad.
    2. (1) He is strong build, as you described him to look like Wolverine from the Marvel movie.
    (2) He taught you cooking, which is not very usual for most dads.
    (3) He is also adventurous.
    3. I guess you described most of the things on page 90, except for what other people say about that person.
    4. I did not have any.
    5. I think you wrote about your father because he has strong characteristics and easy to describe. And obviously having a good father, you would have some respect for him and thought that he is worth writing about.
    6. i would like to know what others say about him, as written in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. By reading your essay, I believe your father is a very strong person both inside and outside.
    2. a) "My dad is a really masculine man." b) "He is also a adventurous man." c) "My dad is capable of anything."
    3. a) What the person looks like: "His skin tone is very dark..."
    b) What the person does: "My dad is capable of anything." "...my dad have tried to teach me how to cook." "...every weekend, he goes to climb the mountains."
    4. No.
    5. I think the write chose to describe about her father maybe because it has influenced her and made her the person she is now.
    6. I would like to know what your father used to say and what other people say about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. By reading your essay, I believe your father is a very strong person both inside and outside.
    2. a) "My dad is a really masculine man." b) "He is also a adventurous man." c) "My dad is capable of anything."
    3. a) What the person looks like: "His skin tone is very dark..."
    b) What the person does: "My dad is capable of anything." "...my dad have tried to teach me how to cook." "...every weekend, he goes to climb the mountains."
    4. No.
    5. I think the write chose to describe about her father maybe because it has influenced her and made her the person she is now.
    6. I would like to know what your father used to say and what other people say about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is taek mim kim

    1. I think your father is a great man from the inside and also on the outside
    2. a)Physically strong and mentally smart just like the Wolverine
    b)My dad is a really masculine man
    c) He is also a adventurous man
    3. a) What the person looks like
    -he has grey hair
    b) What the person does
    - my dad have tried to teach me how to cook
    4.
    5. Because she loves him so much.
    6. I want to know where did your father specifically go when he went for a trip.

    ReplyDelete