Sunday, September 20, 2015

SeongYeon Cho / Week3, first draft / Tuseday, 11am

 Today, I noticed that the recent weather in here is quite beautiul. The atmosphere is so clean and sky is so blue. And it reminded me of last summer. I was on my first trip to Hong Kong. The moment I steped out of the airplane, I gasped for the humid air. It was literally breath-taking moment. And when I finally arrived at the central of the city, I gasped again for that amazing concrete jungle. The city was full of people, buildings and signs. Eveything was so vivid and lively. I was seriously enchanted to the city. With some exageration, every second I felt alive.


 During my stay in Hong Kong, one morning, I woke up early and went for a walk the city. I was alone on that beautiful morning. The city was full of insiration. On my way to somewhere, I met so many busy lives with expressionless faces. I guess I was the one awing for the city.  And soon I realized that I was like them in Korea. Not even looking at the sky, just walking to the destination. That moment I decided that I want to live my life seeing the beauty of present moment and being grateful for what I have now.


However, I guess I forgot that decision. I've lived again just like the people I saw in Hong Kong. I was just the one without any face. But reminiscing the day I spent in the city, I figured out that I have to live the moment. I am kind of stick-to-the-past type. I tend to see the past through rose-tinted glasses. And because of that, everyday I want to go back to some point of my past. But I see that is not a good attitude for enjoying the life. I should try hard to see the beauty of today.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Kye-yong Lee. It was very impressing topic and I really enjoyed your writting. I agree with you on the difference of weather between some other countries such as Hongkong and Korea. I also agree with the idea that we should live the moment. It was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Lee, Eun Young and I enjoyed your writing. I envy you because I always wanted to go to Hong Kong but I had no chances.
    I think you want to share your first experience of noticing busy people in the city and how that made you change your lifestyle, am I right? If it's so, I think it would be better if you can describe more detail the moment you saw busy people in Hong Kong. You can explain how was their facial expression or you might want to add some dialogues such as"Oh, no! Look at their faces!"and so on.
    Anyway, it's good to know that you found how to enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen the movie called “eat, prey, love”? I’m seriously in love with this one. I think I will not be sick of this movie at all. It really inspires me to hit the ground. I watched this movie again in holiday and it reminded me of my summer trip.
    Before this semester begins, I went to trip around Korea about a week. I was with my best friend and we had a lot of fun. We brought a rail ticket called “내일로”, which is a synthetic word of tomorrow and rail. This ticket is limited only for youngsters who are under 28-years old and valid for every rail except for KTX. I met a lot of people in this trip. But there was one person who I remember so vividly. Me and my friend were in 경주 where a lot of heritages of Silla exist. And in there, I met someone who asked me something that I’d never been questioned before by stranger on the road.
    On our way to 대릉원, which is the place where thumbs of kings and queens of Silla era gathered, I saw a woman who looked definitely different from people around us. I was very curious about her, but I thought I had to be nonchalant because I’m a cool dude.
    So we just passed her and walked around that amazingly beautiful place. And there, I met her again. This time, she spoked to us with smile putting her bag to the side of the road. “Hello! Can you take picture of me?”. And I was like “Sure!”. Then I took a picture and gave the camera to her. She said “Thank you so much, it’s so nice” and she introduced herself first. “I’m Lidia and I’m from Spain!”. We were so excited because my friend’s majoring Spanish. We were like “Really? Nice to meet you!!! I’m SeongYeon and I’m JiHee”. She tried to pronounce our name but was very poor. She said she was traveling East Asia, and she just arrived Korea few days ago from Japan. She was quite talkative in a good way. “I was so impressed how Japanese keep their public places so clean. And how safe Korea is. See that. My bag! Nobody took my bag away! That’s insane. It’s impossible in my country”. We just kept listening to her.
    Then she asked us a surprising question with her camera turning on. “What do you think is love?”. I was at a loss for answer. Lidia was like “go on! just anything popping into your mind.” So I said “well, I’m not sure but I think love is being grateful for what I have”. I didn’t really had any time to think about love, so I said like that. And my friend said “I think it’s relationship between me and the rest of the world”.
    Later, Lidia explained why she asked this question. I asked “Is this some kind of project?”. And she replied “No, I’m just doing this for myself. This video helps me to remember the people I met in my trip. And this also makes me think of what other people think about love”.
    I was shocked. Before, I went to so many trips and I met so many people. I remember all of them of course. Nothing was in vail. But the way she keeps her memory made me think of the way I have. I usually wrote a diary recording what I did, who I met, and how I felt. And I still believe that is one of the best ways to store my trip reminiscences. However, if I can keep not only my own thoughts and reflections but also other people’s idea, then I can say that the trip is a really memorable and meaningful one. I think saving one’s idea is like saving one’s soul. So, maybe in the near future, I should do the same like Lidia.

    ReplyDelete