Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lee YaeLim/Week 2 Assignment/Tuesday 11am

I used to enjoy writing when I was a high school student. I made a school newspaper at that time and writing was always exciting things to do. I usually selected the theme of article what I want to write. I felt like I was good at it.

After graduating high school, I entered as a freshman majoring in Journalism. Because of my major, I need to create lots of articles and even copy some fine articles on the newspaper to learn about good structure of it. It made me exhausted on writing. And there were always critiques of my writing and it made me to lose confidence.  From then, I do not enjoy writing anymore. So I really hesitated to register this writing class. I thought that there might be already so many students who can write much better than myself so I'll get low grade in this class even though I tried hard. However, I decided to register my first writing class because I believe myself. I'll study really hard on this class and not have long face even if got so many critiques on my writings. I'm sure that there will be much more chances for me if I finished this class with an effort.

 

2 comments:

  1. My best friend also worked as in a newspaper and were fan of writing. However, I think most people feel exhausted after something they like become something they have to work on. I think it's because what they felt as hobby turned into a job and they have to do it. I thought I like writing but after it became burden, it was never like before. But I think you will learn lot from this class. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Kim HeeSun(김희선). First of all, I envied you when you said you majored in journalism so you had to write a lot even after graduating high shcool. I lost intrerest in writing after graduation but still had some kind of longing for it. But I was sorry to read that you lost confience because of the critiques. I hope you to keep believing yourself and get the confidence back so that you can regain the feeling of enjoyment when you're writing.

    ReplyDelete