Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Kye-yong Lee/Week 3/Tuesday 34

Have you ever imagined that you were a star, walking down the red carpet? I bet you would hardly believe that I had this experience. It was the year 2008, and I was twenty-two. I was offered a ticket to attend the thirteenth Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) by a Theater Professor I really admired. I was supposed to attend the event in the place of my Professor, pretending to be her for the evening (luckily her name was unisex). When I arrived at the event, I walked down the red carpet before all of the superstars arrived. I walked down the red carpet as if I were one of the superstars, even though I was merely a student. Little did I know that later, throughout the event, I would be surrounded by famous men and women, like Andre Kim and Jang Dogun.

 

Following the film festival event, there was a banquet being offered in a very large hotel for everyone at the festival to attend. In order to get to the banquet, there were limousine's that shuttled people from the festival to the hotel where it was being hosted. But I never could have expected who would be in the limousine that I would take. Upon entering the limousine, there were four well known actresses inside. And after I entered, then entered Jung Jinyoung! What was I to do? I wasn't famous like them, and I felt like I didn't even belong there! I felt like I must have gotten into the wrong limousine! I had to pretend that I was an international actor as well, and perhaps one that didn't speak Korean. For the entire shuttle ride over to the hotel, we sat in silence, despite my desire to talk to Jung Jinyoung and ask him questions!

 

When we finally arrived and entered the hotel, I was surrounded--in a very small area--by superstars! In the banquet I met a lot of superstars in person, very closely, as if I had become one of them. I met JYP, Jang Dogun, and saw Andre Kim so closely that I could have tapped his shoulder. It was such an amazing evening, but it had to come to end. It was an event that I will never forget. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm Yoo Jin Jeong
    a. Naming specific celebrities were good.
    b. Nothing really confusing.
    c. I think the first paragraph is okay.
    d. The basic verb tense is past, as is in most writings.
    e. Maybe a little more details about the banquet would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Lee, Eun Young and I enjoyed your writing. First of all, I could feel how excited you were at that time. I like you wrote things in a detail for that made me feel I am also meeting thouse super stars. However I think you can but some dialogue in quotation mark, for that will have more vivid feelings. Also, you used past tense and made consistency in verb tense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how I could feel your excitement of attending the festival through your writing. Although, I think it would have been better if you described the events of the film festival and what particularly excited you in detail because right now most of the essay is about what kind of stars you met. Maybe you could talk about what questions you wanted to ask Jung Junyoung or what happened in the banquet.

    201202968 Lim Jung Yun, 임정연

    ReplyDelete