Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lee Eun Young/writing attitude/ Tue 34

I have confused and mixed feelings toward writing. When I have too many thoughts, I like to write things down. It helps me organize my thoughts and help me figure out what should I do first. I also like to write diaries for it helps me organize my feelings. When I am super angry, I love to write my emotions; how I feel now, why made me angry, how I should deal with this anger and so on. After writing those things down, my emotions start to calm down and I feel much better.

However, when I have to write an essay for homework, writing became boring thing. When I have to write things in foreign languages, it became even more boring because it's more difficult to come up with just right word to express my thoughts. Also, I have to care about grammar errors, choose good topic for homework influence my grade. To write good essay, not only good topic is needed but also quite long time is needed. After I write outline and first draft, the next step is keep reading that draft and fixing it again and again until it satisfies me.

So I can say in general I like writing, but when it became a work that I must complete and even more when it is graded then writing became boring thing.  

2 comments:

  1. hi my name is Hajun Kim , i entirely agree your opinion about writing assignment. i hate the writing in english. but as saying goes , ' Good medicine taste bitter'.
    So , as thinking writing as good medicine, and maybe our skill is improved....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are very similar with me. I also have written my diary since last year. Writing a diary or something on a paper makes my minds organized. However, the writing as an assignment is burden to me, either. I absolutely with your opinion.

    ReplyDelete