Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kim JeeEun/ Week 2 Assignment/ Tuesday 11am

           I used to have a passion in writing because the feeling of making a boring story into a creative one gave a sense of succession. My friends groaned and moaned when the teacher gave us writing homework, but my stomachs were filled with butterflies. But that's all past tense now. I've completely lost interest in writing. Now that when I know I have to write, especially essays, my mind goes completely blank. The word 'writing' itself frightens me. Back in middle school, I'd write for fun. I kept a journal in my bag so that I can jot my thoughts down, but all the writing I do now is homework. As time went by, it just suddenly hit me that I actually forgot the techniques of writing I've learned in school. When I stopped writing, naturally my interest in novels also vanished. After coming to college, I took writing classes just for the credits and I really hated it. But as I took those writing classes, I started find back my passion I've had. Those creativity and interest came back to me. I began to read novels and began to actually write for fun time to time. I wouldn't say I'm a good writer- not even close, but I want to improve because there is power in words. In the future, when I start working or when I want to write what I feel about a certain topic, I want the readers understand where I stand without confusion. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm Lee Eun Young and I really enjoyed your writing.
    I was impressed by your process of being interested in writing and became hate it and again started to like writing.
    I read some posting from classmates,including you, and I'm surprised that quite many people enjoy writing when that's not homework.
    You said you are not a good writer but I think you are ready to be one for you are finding back the interest in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Kim Tatiana.

    JeeEun, you mentioned that you aren't a good writer, but I should disagree with you. I really liked your post. Your thoughts are clear so everyone would understand.
    I wish I have an ability to enjoy my writing works as you, but I probably will be that "groaning and moaning" person.

    ReplyDelete