Sunday, September 13, 2015

Chang Hye Won/ Week 2 Assignment / Tuesday 11am

     Writing something "wonderful" is difficult. Some will say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and anything can be wonderful in one's eye. Although, I think almost all of the people in the Earth will have some kind of standard about what writing is wonderful. Actually, I am bit skeptical about the possibility that there can be something wonderful coming out from just a freewriting. I know that many of the wonderful thoughts or good phrases in famous poems came from writer's free thinking at the time. However, I don't think I can really get some wonderful writing just out of my mind, if I write without enough plans. The best scenario in freewriting would be that I, the writer, have some special thought in my mind and longing to write that thought. Then, because I had enough skills to express that thought fully, I made a good freewriting. However, certainly it seems as if that I am not writing really wonderful writing here. While I was writing this, I had music turned on and because songs that are played are all about love, it feels as if I have to write a love story rather than just a free writing. Anyway, even though my free writing may not be the masterpiece or the classic, I think free writing certainly helps to organize one's thought. 

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with you. I think we should spend much time and energy for writing or creating something "wonderful". How can we write something wonderful without any specific plan? Many people say the inspiration which makes writers write masterpiece at that moment. But, for the inspiration, writers are reading a lot of books and learning a lot of things. Even they revise a draft uncountable times. We should remind their endeavor to write better than previous

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read a poem I always wonder how much time and effort the author put into composing that piece. Some poets changed all the words again and again to get the best out of themselves but there are also others who loved to scribble words spontaneously. The results are all considered wonderful.

    ReplyDelete