Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ari Min / Week 2 Assignment / Tuesday 11am

           In my previous schooling we wrote about two to three essays during two semesters. There weren't not many essays to write, but we did lots of short writings in class. In 11th grade I wrote an analytical essay about the novel Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Also, I have written an essay with the topic: are humans morally good or evil. In the comments, my teacher wrote it is a pretty strong paper and the argument is okay. However, it needs some clarification and explanations of the quotes I used in the paper. Rather than grammar and spelling my ideas were considered more important.

            In high school I was placed in AP English class when I was not confident in my English. I was afraid my other classmates would be better than me. However, I did my best at class to not get behind others. A pleasant experience I had with my writing was in this AP class. We had to write a persuasive letter from a character in a novel using the three modes of persuasion. I did my best in this assignment, got 100 and got only compliments from my teacher. After this experience I gained more confidence in my writing and thought that if I should keep up my hard work.

            I have a journal I wrote since 2009. It has been written in different languages. Writing a journal is different from writing school assignments because it is something I write for myself, not for someone else. So, I just write not thinking in grammar or spelling but just keep on writing and writing. Also, it is different because I just write all my thoughts to it without having any critics to my writing. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, getting 100% on your AP English homework is impressive! I kept journals too (with different languages too!) but i got stopped a few years ago. I'm glad you're keeping up with it! -Jee Eun Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Kye-yong Lee. I was so surprised to know that you wrote an analytical eassay about a novel when you were merely 11th grade. Besides, I think it was so lucky for you that you were placed in AP English. Although you were not confident in your English at first, you did your best and got 100 so you got a complishment from your teacher. What most impressing me was the fact that you have a journal you wrote since 2009. Moreover, you wrote in different languages which was very surprising. I enjoyed reading your story a lot, which motivated me to be more enthusiastic in studying English.

    ReplyDelete