Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nayeon Kim/First Draft/Narrative Composition/Tuesday 11am

This is a place that me and my friends called "safe haven". The place was huge. In the middle there were grass fields with fences around with the sign "protect the seeds from being trampled". We could smell the moist grass on some humid nights while walking around. School buildings were around the ground, and at night it was hard to see who was on the ground because of the shadow. The ordinary "playground-not-for-playing" was used as a parking place for the teachers. Bored students would walk around the shadow of the buildings and cars to hide from the teachers who always urged us to go in, stop talking nonsense and study. For being a senior in high school with the CSAT drawing near, it was so suffocating to be inside the classroom where everyone in there was hyper-sensitive. It was as if they would boil me alive with their eye glare when they heard the otherwise slightest, unnoticeable noise like page-turning sound. The place I found refuge was the ground. When I walked around, it felt as if I was a human being again, not some figure on a paper with 'reports' written on it. The place did not have anything much. There was a rusty basketball board that made cranky noises if touched, some trees and a human sculpture. The sculpture had a name tag on it, saying the founder of this school. There was a legend that the object will make your dream come true if someone make a wish in front of this sculpture at midnight. Although it was not midnight, I wished I could find myself along the course of life every time I walked past it. It felt like a useless place during the day with sunshine falling on those rusty little objects, but once the sun came down, those things glowed some mysterious aura.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, in Taek-min Kim

    1. I liked the way you described your friends studing for the test "It was as if they would boil me alive with their eye glare" because I experinced the same look when I was in high school too.
    2. I think you well discribed how the place looks.
    3. you used seeing and smelling.
    We could smell the moist grass on some humid nights while walking around.
    School buildings were around the ground, and at night it was hard to see who was on the ground because of the shadow.
    4. I think the mood of the 'ground' is relaxing to you rather than being in the calss room.
    5. I think the writter chose this place because it was a relaxing place when she was in highschool.
    6. I think it would be better if you give some more reasons why you like that place so much.

    ReplyDelete