Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hyewon Chang/ Chapter 4 First Draft/Narrative Composition Tuesday 11AM

Sometimes, people need to be alone. I wouldn't say that everyone desperately need one, but for some people, having some private space can really help people to get better in the aspect of their life quality. In my case, I needed one. However, in my case, it can't be home. The reason was quite simple. My mother was a housewife, and she stayed in home for all day. Therefore, if I needed a place to rest, I had to find other places than home. However, it shouldn't be too expensive so it would fit my budget.

           The place I found was a café nearby. A franchise café with lots of people coming by. I found some loneliness in the very busy background. The café had a black wall, black menu board and black counter. It also had workers with black uniform. However, with the sweet smell coming from a cake in the glass display case, the whole place looked much brighter. Its lighting was also not so bad. Lamp with a lampshade kept swinging slowly as the people close the door nearby. The yellowish white colored light was also swinging like a pendulum along the door. While I was thinking deep down to myself, I kept tickling the bit torn, varnished yellowish brown desk.

 

           The café had always been a place to rest for me. With 5 dollars, I could get the soft, melting tiramisu, and a place where nobody pay attentions to me. It disappeared as the café manager recognized me and tried to say hello. Also, my mother started to pay less attention to myself. For the other reason, the professors gave me lots of homework, so I didn't had much time to recall my thoughts. However, the memory of café have always been good to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Kye-yong Lee. Your writting is so much fun and impressive!
    1. It was interesting that you needed a private place other than home because mom is always home. In my case, it was quite opposite from your situation in that home is a private place to me and I pursued non-private place.
    2. I think the place was described quite vividly. For example, "The café had a black wall, black menu board and black counter." or "The yellowish white colored light was also swinging like a pendulum along the door."
    3. The descirption was mostly visually focused, sometimes with olfactory sensation, so I think it would've been much better if there were other different kinds of sensory details.
    4. I could feel the mood of this place as comfortable and good enough for having own time.
    5. As the writter mentions in the beginning, I think she chose this place to write because it is a private place where she can focus on herself.
    6. It will be even better if the writter uses more various sensory details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i'm Taek-min Kim.

    1. I too like to stay in the cafe alone thinking or doing assignments, so your writting was quite interesting for me.
    2. I think you discribed the cafe clearly but I couldn't find it's name. I wanted to know the name of it while reading
    3. Your writting is focusing on seeing but used smells too.
    The café had a black wall, black menu board and black counter
    However, with the sweet smell coming from a cake in the glass display case,
    4. The mood of your favorite cafe is calm and comfortable.
    5. I think you chose it because it is your private place to stay.
    6. It would be better when you use more senses than seeing.


    ReplyDelete