Friday, November 27, 2015

KIM HAJUN/Chapter 4 Final draft/Narrative composition tuesday 3.4

The place where I cannot go again

 


Sometimes I miss a G.P in DMZ. There is very good air, animals, many trees and no high building. In there I worn a helmet and uniform. And I was holding K2 rifle. About 10 person are armed to the teeth were climbing mountain, looked like tired, but their faces lined with tension. After continuously walking, they arrived at the place. During opening the big steel door, we raised our guard against any possible attack. This place is similar with fort. There were just trees around the place. It is underground bunker and enclosed by walls. On the lookout, armed person stood guard duty at the ceasefire line. In underground barrack, there were about 20 person. No TV, just girl group's song flowed from audio. Up ground through stair, I can look North Korean people.

"Hey!!!!!" I shouted

"Why!!!!" North people answered.

Because we could always use live ammunition, when I got live ammunition my body was trembling. But over time, no one didn't care for that situation.

One day I felt the bunker was shaking and heard a bomb explode. All people dashed out of bunker. I thought war occur. All people took gun. Terror showed on the people's face. In DMZ, A fire was raging in the forests near. To check the reason of fire, we must move to fire in DMZ. All team including myself didn't talk. When we moved to fire, there was carcasses of wild boar. The wild boar was hit by landmine. By then our team breathed a sigh of relief.

Because security, I cannot tell about detailed location. Obvious, this place is very dangerous. On these day, Korean Army was attacked by North Korean Army. In D.M.Z, every time we could be attacked, but when I was there, I didn't care about what enemy can attack anytime. After I watched latest news about mine attack, I thought I could be to lose my leg.

There were many reasons why I miss G.P. Especially south-Korea and north-Korea's young people have to point the gun to each other. In G.P. not using equipment, we can look the north-Korea army. Usually South-Korea army's average age is in their twenty, North-Korea army also is similar. Whether I don't know what they have not enough to eat, entirely north-Korea army is small, thin and their walking speed was very slow. I can't forget the north-Korea soldier aimed at me with gun. This place is very dangerous but because north-Korea is same Korean race, sometime if unification of two Korea does, I will go to G.P. again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment