Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Park Heewon/ Chapter 4 essay final draft/ Narrative Composition Tue 3 4

 

 

 

Unforgettable place in my life

House is more than just where you live. It is where you mostly spend your time and relaxed yourself. Therefore, it can make a huge difference to your days and has a great meaning to one's life. Due to this, the first thing popped in my head was Vantaggio apartment when I thought about a special place in my life. This was where I lived for a while when I lived in San Francisco. I had never lived alone and separated from my parents before so everything was new to me and I fell in love with my first apartment as soon as I reached and looked around there. I had many good memories in this place and that's why it's still in my head vividly.

I do remember every small detail about this wonderful place. First of all, it was one of the most high-rise apartments in San Francisco which has 24 floors. Though there were tons of homeless people on the streets in the city where I lived, I felt safe because of the security system of my apartment. Inside the apartment, there were many staffs and security guards who were so kind that always smiled and had a small talk with the residents. In the lobby, one of the staffs whose name was Sergio always said hello to me and asked about my day whenever I entered the apartment after school. I liked the fact that there was someone welcomed me when I came back to my place.

My room was on the fourth floor and I could directly see my room as soon as I got off from the elevator. In my house, the wall was white-colored which made me feel calm whenever I looked at it and the carpet on the floor was dark-red color. I preferred bright lightning so there were many standing lights in my room and the first thing that I did after coming back to home was turning all the lights on. The thing that I loved most in my room was many big windows. Through those windows, I could see all the beautiful views in San Francisco. Even I could see the Golden Gate Bridge in my bedroom. How cool it was! Thanks to the amazingly fantastic night-view, just seating near the window and looking down the whole city with drinking beer was my favorite thing of entire day.

In every morning, when alarm clock rang noisy and sun shined brightly, I woke up. All the residents in the apartment could enjoy coffee or some bread in the kitchen located next to the lobby on the first floor. Though I was not a morning person, sweet smell of bread and coffee made my eyes opened automatically at every 7 am. While I was waiting for an elevator, a friend of mine who lived next to my house whose name was John said always hello to me with big smile. We talked for a while and used to enjoy coffee together. Some of my school friends lived there too so we used to go to school together.

What I also loved about my apartment was the neighborhood. Since it was located at the center of the downtown, many famous cuisines, casual restaurants and bars were near my house. I was a total foodie so it definitely made my life better. Even it was only a ten-minute walk to any of them. I liked to try new places every day and it was also one of my enjoyments in San Francisco. There were also a famous Korean restaurant right next to my apartment whose name was Ninja and I was one of their patrons.

My apartment always made me refreshed in many ways and I felt cozy in that place. Thanks to this fantastic place, I could adjust to my new environment very well and made me love the city more. I earned many special memories in there and I still miss those moments a lot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment