Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lee Do Yun/Chapter 4 Essay First Draft/Tuesday 11am

I have my favorite place in my heart. It is the house that I lived when I studied in Canada. It is a two-storied house with white walls and red roof with a res garage door. When I lived in that house, there was a big oak tree in front of it. The grass was tidy because my cousin and I took care of it every two weeks. In the backyard, we made a small garden on one side, where we grew sesame leves, lettuce, red pepper, and cucumber. On backyard, usually sunlight came in, so my cousin and I sometimes went out with a mat and books and read until the sunset. It was the happiest time in my life. I could smell frsh flowers and grass and hear birds. I was with my favorite friend and mentor, Jung-min. There was nothing in hurry or important, but everything there was so special to me. The calm and peaceful atmosphere of that time always makes me smile when I recall that memory. And usually, when we got hungry, my aunt came out with just baked chocolate and peanut butter cookies. I still haven't found better cookiea than my aunt's yet. One bite made me feel like I was in a peanut factory and the other bite made me feel like I was swimming in the chocolate river. The flavor was so rich and delicious. In spring, we made rings with flowers and in summer, we hade water gun fights. In fall, we made bookmarks wih red and yellow leaves and in winter, we built egloos. The house was full of my happy memory which makes it so meaningful to me. I sometimes recall the house and the memory of staying there even these days. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. I liked how in one-shot essay the author conveys the whole picture of her happy times spent there. I can feel that sun shining and peaceful atmosphere, can imagine a taste of that amazing cookies and just how important the author that place is.

    2. “..a peanut factory..”. Does author mean that you can image going to the factory? Or there are just as much peanut as in factories?

    3. “I could smell frsh flowers and grass”, “One bite made me feel like I was in a peanut factory and the other bite made me feel like I was swimming in the chocolate river.”
    4. Relaxing and peaceful.
    5. Because it is really intimate for the author. And intimate things are always important.
    6. Some split is needed. Or some transit sentences

    ReplyDelete