Sunday, November 1, 2015

Jang Won Woo / Chapter 4 essay first draft / Narrative composition Tue 34

"We are selling fresh fruits! You can see apples, grapes and tangerines! All fruits are very fresh and sweet." "Help yourself. Buy what you want. So many vegetables are here." A Street is filled with the voice of merchants. They told customers their commodities are the best. With many means that attract customers` attention, such as ridiculous phrase in explanations or the voice prodding their ears, they are really ardently selling their commodities. It was the landscape of the 'Monday Market'

           When I was an elementary student, like other students, I really hate Monday. I had to go to school after having a rest. However, there was a reason why I waited for Monday. The Monday Market was opened on Monday, as its name. After I finished the school, I ran to my home. In my home, I took my shoes off like slinging them and ran to my mother. "When we go to the Monday Market?" I asked my mother continuously. "Do not worry. Definitely, we will go to there." As she knew what she had to say, she automatically responded my question. When the sun was falling down to the horizon and sky was dyeing by the orange color, we took the shoes on and took an elevator to go to the Monday Market.

           The Monday Market was the market in which merchants were selling their commodities like fruits, vegetables, groceries on every Monday. The street was occupied by merchants and customers every Monday. We crossed streets and passed so many buildings and apartments, we faced the street where the Market was held. First I could see lights under the parasols. They were shining and throwing lights on merchants and commodities to stimulate the customers` desire. Except for foods, many clothing merchants were calling the crowd. "You can see many fancy clothes!" I thought it was not fancy but hilarious. A pant whose pattern was composed by only small flowers was called 'monpe'. But, it looks very comfortable. It was so wide and elastic that working women liked it.

           The real reason why I liked to go to the market was foods. Of course there are so many snack bars in the market. The snack bars were steaming when they cooking delicious foods. Fish cake bars were contained in the big pot with boiling broth. I liked to eat the fish cake bars. But, I did not like to drink the broth because it was too hot for me to drink. Whenever I drink it, my tongue always got burnt. I really liked to see cook making the foods. He made 'hotteok' with dough and sweet stuffing. Also, he loved children, so, he gave me the foods free. I was very happy when I get some free foods from him. In the market, I could not realize that the sun was already gone and the moon was shining in the sky.

 

           The market was the place I saw and experienced how other people live. I have been interested in observing the people and society. The marketplace realized me that it is very enjoyable and interesting. Also, it made my family friendlier. When I became a high school student, I heard that the market was closed, unfortunately. However, It lies in my memory and will be reminded forever.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Kye-yony Lee. I really enjoyed your writting arousing the nostalgia from my memory.
    1. I liked the way beginning of your writting, using the direct quotation with auditory senses that I could feel the situation more vividly.
    2. I think the place is described well vividly. For example, "I could see lights under the parasols. They were shining and throwing lights on merchants and commodities to stimulate the customers` desire."
    3. It was really good to read this writting because of including various sensory details. I think not only visual depiction, but also the auditory, and olfactory senses make this writting more vivid and rich.
    4. I can feel this plce very boisterous and festive. I also have similar memory with his, so the writting is reminiscent of my memory.
    5. I think the writter chose the market to write because it is one of the most unforgettable memories to him.
    6. Personally, I really liked this writting. It would be even better if some small gramatical errors are fixed.

    ReplyDelete