Sunday, November 15, 2015

SeongYeon Cho / Chapter 4 final draft / Narrative Composition / Tuesday 3,4


Sweet Escape : My Secret Chair House



  When I was about 7~8 years old, I had a place to hide myself. The place was in my house. At that time, my parents worked together for a living and my brother was busy for his school work. Naturally, I had the entire house for my own place. But as a child, I needed more cozy and safe place to keep me from all of those ghosts and scary stuffs. So I used to make my own house inside of my house. I turned the chair that had four supporting legs upside down. Then I covered the chair legs with my beloved shining red blanket. It was small, but I was tiny as well. The chair was perfectly fit with my size. And I put extra blankets inside to make the chair more cozy and comfortable. That was it. I used to be so much in love with my own chair house.

   I always made my house in front of the TV so that I could watch cartoons or movies inside of my place. Nobody was watching me, so I did whatever I wanted to. I ate lots of snacks, I watched movies like the Titanic, which wasn't suitable for the kids like me, and things like that. I was so happy to have this place and I thought that the place was perfect to hide myself from scary stuffs.

  Once, I remember I had a great day in my own secret chair house. It was raining the day in summertime. It rained like cats and dogs. I was sitting inside at my place. Rain made everything wonderful. I have loved raining weather ever since I was very young. I could hear the raining sound, which sounded like a lullaby. And wonder if you know the smell of rain. I just love that. The smell of the rain was just like the perfume of mother earth. I could smell the soil, the freshness of nature after it washed. I felt so relaxing inside of my place.

   I had so much fun inside of my house. And one day, I thought that it would be great if I could have bigger house. So I decided to make another house. This time, I wanted to make the house with books and blankets. As a child, I had lots of fairytale books. Using all of those books, I put up four pliars. Then I covered those legs with blankets, just like my chair house. I made my new house. It was bigger and spacious. But some reason, I couldn't satisfy with my new house. It wasn't that cozy and comfortable. Futher, because I had to put all of the books on a shelf, it was very uncomfortable to clean. I was afraid of being scolded.

  So my affections toward my chair house got bigger. Unfortunately as I grew up, I lost my appetite for my secret place. I got my room and there were no reasons to hide myself. Also I cannot fit in my place anymore. But I miss the place. I wish I could get the place like that again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment