Sunday, November 15, 2015

Jang Won Woo/Chapter 4 essay final draft/Narrative composition Tuesday 34

Finding my memories

201203025 Jang Won Woo

 

"We are selling fresh fruits! Here are apples, grapes and tangerines! All fruits are very fresh and sweet!" "Help yourself. Buy what you want. So many vegetables are here." A Street is filled with the voices of merchants. They told the customers that their commodities are the best. With many things that were attracting customers` attention - ridiculous phrases or the voices prodding their ears - they were really ardently selling their commodities. It was the landscape of the 'Monday Market'.

           When I was an elementary student, I really hated Monday. I had to go to school after having weekends. However, I had a reason why I waited for Monday. The Monday Market was opened on Monday, as its name. After I finished the school, I ran to my home. In my home, I took my shoes off like slinging them and ran to my mother. "When do we go to the Monday Market?" I asked my mother continuously. "Do not worry. Definitely, we will go to there." As she knew what she had to say, she automatically responded my question. When the sun was falling down to the horizon and sky was dyeing by the orange color, we took the shoes on and took an elevator to go to the Monday Market.

           The Monday Market was the market in which merchants sold their commodities like fruits, vegetables, groceries on every Monday. The street was occupied by merchants and customers every Monday. We crossed streets and passed so many buildings and apartments, we faced the street where the Market was held. First I could see lights under the parasols. They were shining and throwing lights on merchants and commodities. Except for foods, many clothing merchants were calling the crowd. "You can see many fancy clothes!" I thought they were not fancy but hilarious. A pant whose pattern was composed by only small flowers was called 'monpe'. But, it looks very comfortable. It was so wide and elastic that working women liked it.

           The real reason why I liked to go to the market was foods. Of course there are so many snack bars in the market. The snack bars were steaming when they cooking delicious foods. Fish cake bars were contained in the big pot with boiling broth. I liked to eat the fish cake bars. It has many kinds of fried foods including fired squids, vegetables and eggs. Still, the smell of frying reminds me the memories of the market. I really liked to see a cook making the foods. He made 'hotteok' with dough and sweet stuffing. Also, he loved children, so, he gave me the foods free. I was very happy when I get some free foods from him. In the market, I could not realize that the sun was already gone and the moon was shining in the sky.

 

           In the pitch dark on Monday, we came back to home. After we finished doing shopping, we were exhausted. I lay a small shopping basket down and sprawled out on the floor. Soon, my mother made me take a shower. Although it made me tired, I fell asleep with the enjoyment. The market was the place I saw and experienced how other people lived. As I was young boy, I enjoyed seeing other people`s life. When I became a high school student, I heard that the market was closed. However, it lies in my memory and will be reminded ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment