Sunday, November 1, 2015

KIM HAJUN/Chapter 4 Essay First Draft/Tuesday 11am

Sometimes I miss a G.P in DMZ. There is very good air, animals, many trees and no high building. In there I worn a helmet and uniform. And I was holding K2 rifle. About 10 person are armed to the teeth were climbing mountain, looked like tired, but their faces lined with tension. After continuously walking, they arrived at the place. During opening the big steel door, we raised our guard against any possible attack. This place is similar with fort. There were just trees around the place. It is underground bunker and enclosed by walls. On the lookout, armed person stood guard duty at the ceasefire line. In underground barrack, there were about 20 person. No TV, just girl group's song flowed from audio. Up ground through stair, I can look North Korean people.

"Hey!!!!!" I shouted

"Why!!!!" North people answered.

Because we could always use live ammunition, when I got live ammunition my body was trembling. But over time, no one didn't care for that situation.

One day I felt the bunker was shaking and heard a bomb explode. All people dashed out of bunker. I thought war occur. All people took gun. Terror showed on the people's face. In DMZ, A fire was raging in the forests near. To check the reason of fire, we must move to fire in DMZ. Many team including myself didn't talk. When we moved to fire, there was carcasses of wild boar. The wild boar was hit by landmine. By then our team breathed a sigh of relief.

There were also other reasons I have many memory. Especially I can't forget the wooden sign of Military Demarcation Line. If unification of the two Koreas does, I want go there.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm SeongYeon, and I really enjoyed your writing.
    1. I was very interested in your memory about army days. I've never been there, so your writing gave me kind of idea about the army.
    2. I think your writing is good, but I wish you describe more about the place. I wonder how it look like. I cannot imagine the place clearly yet.
    3. The writer mentioned sight of the bunker. And he used described many sound like conversation with north Korean.
    4. Well, the bunker is quite dark and damp. And it is full of tension.
    5. I think the writer had great impression from the bunker. It is unfamiliar and limited place. So I think it's quite unique.
    6. I think it will be great if you add more details about the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I'm Lee Eun Young and I enjoyed you writing.
    1. I liked your writing in general for it was really interesting. Although I've never been there I could feel the tensed atmosphere there.
    2. The situation was described well but I think it would be better if you can add more details regarding that place.
    3. Sight and Sound was used. The conversation between you and the people in north Korea was very interesting.
    4. I would add more details for example, how the banker was shaking, was the dust falling down or were there any rocks falling down to help audience understand how nervous that situation was.
    5. This place is hard to forget I guess.
    6. It would be better if you can describe it in more detail way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I`m Jang Won Woo, I`ll talk about your writing.
    1. I enjoyed your writing because it describe the army days and especially about demilitarized zone which is located nearest from North Korea. I can feel the nervous and tension from your writing.
    2. As the writing is describing the place, I suggest you write more about places. For example, show more about the barracks and the guard post.
    3. Most of your writing describe what you saw and heard and it was good. Especially the conversation between you and North Korea soldier was interesting.
    4. I would add other sensory details. For instance, I would add a sense of smell describing the scene after firing. I cannot forget the smell of gunpowder after firing. It would make the writing more vivid.
    5. As I am the reserve, I can completely empathize his experience in military service.
    6. How about add other sensory details when you revise?

    ReplyDelete