Monday, November 2, 2015

Park Shinyoung/ Chapter 4 First Draft/ Narrative Compositon Tue 11 a.m.

When I failed the university admission test, I decided to study again in Noryangjin. Noryangjin is originally famous for a huge fist market. But, it is also well-known for people who prepare for tests. Regardless of what kinds of test they prepare for, almost all kinds of academies stand close together. In 2007, I lost contact with all friends and families, and studied at one of academies in Noryangjin. I almost didn't say anything and only focused on what I should do as a test-taker. When I felt tired and alone, I just wandered around Noryangjin. I kept walking without thinking anything. Such a time of meandering was my only recess.

   On November of the year, I took the test again. But, the result was miserable. I failed to enter the university that I wanted. I hated myself too much and felt regret about the year that I poured myself into studying. I become to think of Noryangjin as tragic place. Afterwards, I had never been there in order to block out the memory of studying in Noryangjin. For a long time, I had fallen into a sense of frustration.

Last year, I failed to enter some companies that I wanted. I passed all phases of the hiring process but failed the final interviews. I thought that my life was a succession of failures. I decided to change my career. I chose to be public servant just because a job interview is not important too much in the field of the job. I tried to study by myself, and I did so for half a month. But, I felt uneasy in my mind since I wanted to review what I had studied. So, I went to Noryangjin in order to take the final review lecture.

 Even though it has been eight years since I didn't go there, it didn't seem unfamiliar at all. Almost everything hasn't been changed. I felt as if I was caught in a trap again over eight years. As I did so eight years ago, I was absorbed in studying. I disconnect all contacts with people. I felt that I was left behind people my age. Many people my age succeed in achieving their goals. But, I stayed in place and was running in circles for the most of my twenties. I really want to cast off the shackles of my life spent in Noryanigjin. But, I think it seems to be difficult unless I get the job.

2 comments:

  1. Hello I am Shim Ho Seob

    1. I really concentrated on the essay while reading because I had same experience of having one more year to enter university.
    2. Many Koreans know that Noryanjin is the hub of private education. I think the essay needs more description of Noryangjin street or the atmosphere of there.
    3. I couldn't find any sensory details in the essay.
    4. Very gloomy and stuffy.
    5. Because she spent long time studying in the place and she came back there to challenge again for another dream.
    6. I think it would be a much better essay if she put more sensory details as I said in the question no.3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I liked the essay's experience because I had same experience like you. Working one year more to enter to university.
    2. I think like Mr. Shim. Many Koreans know that Noryanjin is the hub of private education, but you should have some descriptions to show others about the issue.
    3. I think this essay is more like an essay that tells about your experience, not descriptive one.
    4. Gloomy
    5. Because the place is where she spent her darkest time before the dawn.
    6. I think it could get some more details in description.

    ReplyDelete