Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Shim Ho Seob/Chapter5 Final draft/Tue 3,4

<My brother, my compass>

 

201401798 심호섭

 

I was sitting in a café behind our school. While I was waiting him and killing some time

 

with my cellphone, Jae Ho entered the café with his suitcase. Jae Ho was wearing sleek neat

 

inside his coat. He pursues neat dress style which reflects his lifestyle. He ordered

 

Americano which is same as mine and sat in front of me with gentle smile.

 

 

 

The reason why I chose Jae Ho as my interviewee is because he is the one whom

 

I know and respect most. As I explained about his brief profile in the outline sheet I

 

had submitted, he is an alumni of HUFS. He majored English interpretation and translation in

 

HUFS College of English. I was with him in his HUFS graduation ceremony. And I am

 

seeing him just about to early graduate HUFS graduate school and get a master's degree. He

 

is now studying language(English) mechanics.

 

 

 

As he has not enough time, I started interview rapidly. Firstly, I asked "Please explain about

 

your major in graduate school and how will you gonna apply your major in your future career?" He said "what I

 

am studying is easily speaking, a collaboration between computer program and language."

 

When I was a freshman, I visited his home many times and saw him doing something looks

 

like computer programing. "It usually deals with analyzing what human says and translating it

 

into it's own computer code and proceed it into certain result.", He continued. "But I think I

 

am not gonna use what I am studying that much in my future career. Because I decided to enter a

 

enterprise and make some money first for future business what I have in mind." He kept it

 

secret what is in his mind.

 

 

 

He is a quite conservative man. Because he has lived apart from his parents from when he

 

was a freshman, he became very independent type of person. He has payed his tuition fee

 

all by himself and made his living by himself by tutoring students or working in academy.

 

So many students from our college admire him in that point. I always have wondered why

 

he doesn't get any support from his parents and lives by himself." He replied after a short

 

recitement, "Actually my father is 70 years old, quite more like a grandfather's age than my

 

father's age. I had difficulty communicating with him over that age barrier. My father didn't

 

understand my values and we always had conflicts. It was quite natural for me to get out of

 

my house and announce independent from my parent. Actually that helped me become a real

 

adult and study hard when I was an undergraduate." I nodded and understood thoroughly

 

why he has lived that life until now.

 

 

 

At last, I asked him for some advices about living valuable life. He became shy and said "I

 

am not that great person as you and your friends think. But I think I has lived quite

 

differently from my peers. As I said, I became independent from my parents early compared

 

to my friends. So I had

 

to earn money much more than my peers but instead, spend less time hanging out with

 

friends. I think that growing background made me lived quite conservative life and pursued

 

safe road. I studied hard and went to graduate school to assure my living. But I think it's not an

 

answer to life. I want you to experience more interesting things in life. Travel, love, and do

 

many other funny things in life. I think that things will make your fountain of originality and

 

creativity. And it will proceed to your future success. You can be a better adult than I am."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment