Monday, December 7, 2015

LEE YAE LIM/ Chapter 5 final draft / Narrative composition tuesdat 34

<Why people regard highschool friend closer than university friend?>


 In Korea, most of people believe that high school friend is much closer than university friend. I do not agree with this argument though. However, one of my best friends, Kim ji-hye strongly agrees with it. So I want to interview her why she thinks that way.

 

 We met in a cafeteria near Hankuk University Of Foreign Studies. She seemed like somewhat excited about having an interview. Her cheek was red as apple and voice was quiet fast than usual. I bought her a hot latte and started an interview. "Is there any difference between high school friend and university friend?" I asked her. "Sure! There are huge differences between those two!" She nodded with her large eyes opened. I want to hear more specific things from her so I waited for a while. She told me that first difference thing is physical distance. "High school friend usually go to same school because they all live near the school. So it is easier to meet them since distance between my home and their home is quiet close." After heard her words, I nodded and agreed soon. "Then, can you tell me a specific story about physical distance regarding university friend?" She followed an answer with a smile. She A year ago, she broke up with her boy friend. At that time, she really wanted to be comforted by her friend. So she called her university friend named Su-hyeon and asked her to meet. However, they couldn't meet because of the physical distance. Su-hyeon's home takes 2 hours from Ji-hye's.  "I just found out that physical distance is a quiet important factor in keeping friendship then." She finalized her answer with smile.

 

 However, I want to know another reason. So I asked her to tell a bit more about any other reasons. "Hmm… I think amount of time that consumed together is quiet important reason too." She said. "In high school, you usually spend over 14 hours together every day. Moreover, you can consume more time with your friend after school. You know, studying in academy or playing game at an internet cafe. I think those time made deep relationship between me and my high school friend." I understood her argument after hearing those two reasons.

 

 "Then, can you tell me about your best high school friend?" I asked her. She agreed while sipping her latte. "Her name is Min-jee. She has lived beside my house since I was 16. Surprisingly, she and I became class mate for 3 years straightly. You know, it's really hard to happen! She and I saw each other more often than our parents for 3 years! Can you believe this? I knew all about her Ex-boyfriend. And she did too. So there are so many things to chat with her until now. I think she can be the last reason to support my opinion" She took her last sip of latte and got up since she needed to take a class. There was an empty latte cup on the table after she left, and I can imagine her best friend's figure there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment